MEMBERSHIP TERMS & RULES OF CONDUCT
For the purpose of this clause: “Northern Strength Ltd” shall include its directors, agents, employees, coaches, consultants, owners of the land at which Northern Strength Ltd carries out its activities and volunteers; “Coach” means a fitness trainer engaged by Northern Strength Ltd; and “Users” or “Members” means those individuals (other than you) that also utilise Northern Strength Ltd’s services. The “Recurring Payment” means the Northern Strength Ltd monthly membership subscription fee corresponding to the purchased pricing plan and determined by the membership type and term at the point of joining. f you are becoming a member and need to use the gym facilities then you will be asked to sign a paper copy of this document as part of the induction process.
1. Your membership starts immediately upon purchase of a pricing plan subscription or service.
2. By signing this form or checking the box on the website, you agree to comply with these Terms of Membership and the Rules of Conduct.
3. All new memberships are subject to the approval of Northern Strength Ltd. Northern Strength Ltd reserves the right to reject an application for membership to the Gym for any reason whatsoever, in their absolute discretion.
4. You will only be permitted to use the facilities provided your membership is current and fully paid up or you have made payment arrangements acceptable to Northern Strength Ltd.
5. You cannot transfer your membership to anyone else.
Fees and Payment:
6. We accept payment by debit and credit cards and by PayPal in GBP for our memberships and other products and services. All online purchases are also governed by the website terms and conditions and/or those of respective merchant service providers.
7. Your second recurring payment will be collected one month after you joined and subsequent payments for monthly membership fees will be collected monthly thereafter. You can manage your account (ie update card details) either on our website or app.
8. If any recurring payment is returned unpaid or if any other form of payment is not honoured for whatever reason, you shall pay us on demand a £20 administration fee. If, despite us having notified you of a missed payment, further payments are missed, we reserve the right to either suspend or terminate your membership.
9. You are obligated to make the minimum number of recurring payments stated in your choice of membership (3 months for Online Coaching, Hybrid Method or Combo Plan). You are obligated to make every recurring payment regardless of non-attendance, except where the cancellation terms below are met. Once you have completed the minimum number of recurring payments as stated in your membership choice, we will automatically continue collecting monthly recurring payments every month. Your membership will be extended by one month for each payment.
10. Clauses 4-9 are irrespective of whether you use the facilities, no refunds are given for no shows.
11. From time to time, we may need to increase the price of your membership. We will give you at least 1 full months' notice of any incoming price increase and will make it very clear when the price increase will take effect and how much your membership will cost after the increase. During this period, you will have your usual right to terminate your membership in accordance with the membership terms and conditions and rules.
Bookings and Cancellations:
12. All classes, face to face personal training and inductions must be booked in advance. Where possible day passes must be purchased in advance so we can ensure the gym is staffed, although they can also be purchased at the gym if you do decide to drop-in.
13. All services can be booked up to 21 days in advance via the website or Fit by Wix app. There will be a waiting list available for fully booked classes.
14. You will be able to book Hybrid Method classes up to 2 hours prior to the scheduled commencement time. If you fall within the 2 hour window, please check the app to see if there is space available.
15. At least 6 hours notice is needed for cancellations of classes or services.
16. Day pass cancellation - the value of the session will be lost for no shows and cannot be rolled over to another date or person.
17. For all face-to-face Personal Training - the value of the session will be lost on all late cancellations and no shows.
Cancellation of Membership:
18. If you plan to cancel you must provide Northern Strength Ltd with notice of cancellation at least 30 days before your billing date. Notice can be by email or in person during staffed hours.
19. If you do not provide 30 days’ notice you will automatically be charged for the next month and you will not be refunded your dues.
Key Fob Access Rules:
20. Video Surveillance will be on at all times, and we will monitor all members, paid visitors and anyone that enters the facility.
21. Do not let others in (even if you think they are a member).
22. Do not give anyone your key fob..
23. There will be a £10 charge for lost or damaged key fob.
24. Everyone must use their fob, even if coming in a group.
25. I understand that if I allow anyone in or to use my access key fob that my rights to use the gym will be terminated and any paid dues will not be reimbursed.
Health & Safety:
26. All members entering the gym for the first time including day pass users must go through the induction checklist with a member of staff. All members (excluding day pass users) must also fill out a PAR-Q form before participating in any activity on the premises.
27. I fully understand that during un-staffed hours of business, I may be lifting alone, without staff or other members or other personnel.
28. I assume all risk; I will consider this and take extra safety precautions and have signed the waiver and release from liability form.
29. Please report any health and safety issues to staff immediately.
Minors / Special Closures / Personal Items / Theft:
30. Children under 16 may not enter the gym at all during un-staffed hours. During staffed hours, a parent or guardian must always accompany them for any type of visit. Children may not stay in the gym while member (parent/guardian) is training.
31. Northern Strength Ltd reserves the right to close and/or change hours for special events, holidays, maintenance and more. We will try and give you as much notice as possible.
32. Northern Strength Ltd is not responsible for any personal items left behind or missing.
33. Should you accidentally take something home, remember to bring it back.
34. REMEMBER: Northern Strength Ltd is under surveillance at all times. Allowing Non-Members into the facility, taking equipment, items for sale or merchandise, and damaging or vandalising property will be punishable to the fullest extent of the law.
Communication and Fitness Apps:
35. All members are encouraged to follow us on our app and social media for updates. The Fit by Wix app is where we host our class booking system/schedule, pricing plans and services. You can book Hybrid Method classes up to 3 weeks in advance.
36. All members receiving coached plans are expected to download Truecoach for their program and communicate with their coach for feedback using Telegram. Messages via Telegram will only be responded to from 8am – 9pm.
37. Online coaching clients must send training videos via Telegram as instructed and will receive feedback twice a week. Hybrid Method clients will receive feedback once a week if the weekly feedback form has been completed.
Respect the Equipment, Gym, and your Fellow Members:
38. Be considerate of others and promote a welcoming atmosphere.
39. Use of the kitchen is open to any member but please leave it clean and tidy as you’d expect to find it. Please let a member of staff know if any items have run out. Same goes for the toilet facilities.
40. Use of the iPad is restricted to Spotify and buying items for sale only.
41. Please remember to wipe down the equipment after use.
42. All gym bags must be placed against the wall, on a window ledge or in the shelves provided. No bags or clothing to be left lying around the middle of the gym floor – this is a health and safety hazard.
43. All bars must be unloaded and put back after use.
44. Always use safety straps / bars / arms.
45. A minimum of 3 people must operate the monolift at all times during use - the lifter, the monolift operator and a minimum of one spotter. All members will be shown how to operate the monolift during induction.
46. Excessive slamming of the bars and rude, obnoxious, or disruptive behaviour will not be tolerated.
47. We do not endorse and have no tolerance towards the use or sale of any form of illegal substance or performance enhancers on our Gym premises and on our social media platforms/apps.
48. Ask for Spotters! (Dropped bars = bent & damaged bars) Coaches & members are happy to help!
49. Chalk is permitted; however, excessive chalk is unnecessary.
50. Baby Powder use is limited to designated areas only (outside).
51. Filming is permitted. However, respect the space, equipment, and other lifters.
52. Anything you use and move, you will return to its original spot when you are done. This includes plates – put your weights back from where you took them!
53. Clean up after yourself. If you get blood anywhere, you are responsible for cleaning it up! (Bars, equipment, floor…)
54. Suitable workout gear must be worn at all times.
Northern Strength Ltd details
55. Northern Strength Ltd is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 14326556 whose registered address is Unit B, Catherine Street Business Centre, Warrington, Cheshire, WA5 0LH and it operates the Website www.northernstrength.co.uk.. You can contact Northern Strength Ltd by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.